Not much difference between Cong, BJP on graft: AA
Khandwa: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday said there was not much difference between Congress and BJP when it comes to corruption, and accused Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan of double-speak on FDI issue.
"It is difficult to differentiate between Congress and BJP on the issue of corruption," AAP national spokesman and in-charge of Madhya Pradesh Sanjay Singh Azad said here.
"I am saying this because Congress is looting at the Central level and BJP is doing so at the state level," he said, talking to reporters here.
Attacking the Chief Minister, Azad said "Chouhan has double standards on FDI in retail issue. On one hand the BJP Chief Minister opposes entry of retail giant Walmart in India and on the other, he has permitted Bharti-Walmart joint venture (which is into wholesale format) to start operations in Bhopal."
A similar stand has been taken by another BJP Chief Minister, Raman Singh of Chhattisgarh, he maintained.
Azad was invited here by Jal Sangharsh Samiti, which is agitating against a water supply privatisation project in Khandwa town, around 350 km from Bhopal.
The AAP leader, addressing a gathering organised by the Samiti, criticised the BJP Government`s proposal to hand over water management in Khandwa and Shivpuri to private firms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped