Noted Jain saint gets `death threat`
Dhar: Noted Jain saint Rishabhchand Surishwarji Maharaj (Baapji) of Mohankheda filed a police complaint on Sunday alleging that an unknown person abused and gave a death threat to him over his cellphone.
The call was made from Karnataka, the police said.
The police tried to trace the caller by calling on the number but nobody responded.
The complaint was filed at Rajgarh police station in Dhar district, Dhar Superintendent of Police BS Chouhan told reporters.
Members of the Jain community have demanded stern action against the caller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO