Nothing can be said on Uma`s return to BJP as of now: Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Thursday said the move to bring back former state chief minister, Uma Bharti into the partyfold appears to have been shelved for the time being as the party leadership has not taken any decision on the issue.
"After the Central leadership`s decision announced by party General Secretary Anant Kumar, nothing can be said about Bharti`s return to the party right now," Jha told a news agency.
"BJP Central leadership has not taken any decision on the return of Uma Bharti to the party," Anant Kumar had said yesterday after the matter was discussed at a meeting held at the residence of party president Nitin Gadkari.
The meet was attended by senior party leaders LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Kumar, M Venkaiah Naidu, Rajnath Singh, MM Joshi, Bal Apte and others.
While Advani, Gadkari and Rajnath Singh are said to be in favour of Uma`s return, Swaraj, Jaitley, Naidu and Kumar are understood to be opposed to the idea.
Bharti has been expelled from the BJP twice following which she floated her own Bharatiya Jan Shakti Party.
Sometime back, she resigned as the president of the Bharatiya Janashakti Party and since then there has been a speculation on her return to BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family