Now, fatwa issued against `Surya Namaskar`
Bhopal: While Madhya Pradesh government is
making all efforts to make the `Surya Namaskar` exercise on Swami Vivekanand`s birthday here Thursday, a world record, Muslim leaders have opposed the move by issuing a fatwa
Leaders of the minority community have termed the move as
un-Islamic and equated it with idol-worship, which is
prohibited in Islam. They also issued a fatwa in this regard yesterday which was also ratified by the Shahar Qazi, Sayyed Mushtaq Ali Nadvi.
The school education department has made elaborate
arrangements to ensure maximum participation in the Surya
Namaskar exercise so that a world record can be created by
registering the feat in the Guinness Book of records, official
Directives have been issued to all the government and
government-aided schools to ensure maximum participation in
the exercise so that it can become a world record.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has
clarified that the participation in the exercise is not
State School Education Minister, Archana Chitnis told
reporters, "Surya Namaskar is a Yogic exercise aimed at
improving one`s health and those not interested in taking part
in it have an option to stay away from it. Sun is neither
saffron nor green."
However, Muslim leaders have termed the move as an
attempt to saffronise the education system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi