Now, Shivraj says Biharis not welcome in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minsiter Shivraj Singh Chauhan on Friday did a Raj Thackeray when he said workers from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh were not welcome in his state.
“Locals should be given preference in employment in the
indsutries being set up in the state. It should not happen
that people should come from outside...Bihar and get the jobs
here,” he said
Speaking at a public function in Satna – bordering UP – Chauhan said that local youth should be trained and given preference in giving jobs. He said not only government, but even private companied should prefer the people of MP over Biharis.
However, when the episode threatened to become a political storm, Chouhan retracted from his statement. In an official release from Indore, Chouhan said people from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab or any other region of India should come to Madhya Pradesh and will always be welcomed.
Chauhan seemed to have taken after Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray who fought the recently concluded state and Lok Sabha polls on the plank of ‘Marathi Manoos’; demanding ouster of Bihari and UP migrants in favour of locals.
Reacting to his comments RJD chief and former Bihar CM Lalu Yadav said Chauhan had lost his mental balance. “Not only that, what he has said is unconstitutional,” he added, saying Indians could work in any state of the country.
Chauhan’s party, the BJP, sought to play down its CM’s remarks by saying every state has its own priorities. “Chauhan should not be compared to Raj…every state has to look after its own interests,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javdekar told Zee News.
UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi condemned Chauhan’s remark. “This is very shameful and unfortunate. JD-U’s Shivanand Tiwari also said it was an irresponsible statement from the CM of Madhya Pradesh.
Chouhan must resign: Paswan
LJP President Ramvilas Paswan has
demanded immediate resignation of Madhya Pradesh Chief
Minister Shivaraj Singh Chouhan for his statement that jobs in
the state should not be allowed to be taken away by Biharis
and locals should be given preference.
"The statement made by Chouhan is unfortunate... a person
holding a top constitutional post should not not react in this
manner... he should resign immediately," Paswan told reporters
Chouhan while addressing a function at Satna in Madhya
Pradesh this afternoon said "Locals should be given preference
in employment in the industries being set up in the state. It
should not happen that people should come from outside...Bihar
and get the jobs here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'