NRI drugged, robbed on train
Khandwa (MP): A non-resident Indian was drugged and looted on Karnataka Express, Police said on Tuesday.
US-based Dr Deepak Kamat, the victim, has registered a complaint with the Government Railway Police here stating that he was drugged and looted of belongings worth Rs 3 lakh.
Three people claiming to be IIT students from Bangalore befriended Dr Kamat who was travelling in an AC-2 compartment of Karnataka Express (Delhi to Bangalore) and gave him some food laced with drugs last night, GRP sources said.
After Dr Kamat fell unconscious, the accused fled with his bag containing a laptop, two mobile phones, USD 6000 cash, credit cards and a gold chain.
The incident took place near Agra, while Dr Kamat regained consciousness before reaching here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video