NSUI demands ban on ABVP over attacks on teachers
Bhopal: NSUI on Tuesday demanded that its
rival, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, should be banned
for attacking college teachers in the state.
"We want that the ABVP be banned as its cadres were
indulging in goonda-ism and had bashed up Khandwa
Agriculture College Professor Ashok Chaudhary on March 9,"
said National Students Union of India`s national general
secretary, Sheikh Shahnawaz, here.
He also tried to link professor S S Thakur`s death due
to cardiac arrest in Damoh district on March 11, to the attack
on Chaudhary. Thakur was Chaudhary`s colleague, and had tried
to intervene when latter was attacked.
Thakur`s relatives had blamed ABVP for the death.
In 2006, H S Sabharwal, a professor at Madhav College in
Ujjain, too was assaulted by ABVP activists. He later died,
NSUI general secretary reminded.
He said the BJP government in the state was shielding
ABVP. Shahnawaz added that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan should break his silence over the attack on Chaudhary,
and Thakur`s death.
NSUI will lay siege to the state assembly and organise a
state-wide protest against ABVP, he warned.
"We are going to submit memorandum to Governor and
President against ABVP`s violence," he said. PTI LAL KRK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight