Occultist gets 7-year jail term for rape
Bundi: A local court Wednesday sentenced a 50-year-old occultist to seven year of imprisonment for raping a young married woman under the pretext of curing her psychotic disorder.
Additional District Judge Satayajeet Roy convicted Laturlal Kumawat, a resident of Sitapura village, of raping the 22-year-old woman on March 11 last year and sentenced him to seven-year jail term.
According to the prosecution, the occultist took the woman behind Balaji temple here on Railway station road under the pretext of performing puja and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard