Occultist gets 7-year jail term for rape
Bundi: A local court Wednesday sentenced a 50-year-old occultist to seven year of imprisonment for raping a young married woman under the pretext of curing her psychotic disorder.
Additional District Judge Satayajeet Roy convicted Laturlal Kumawat, a resident of Sitapura village, of raping the 22-year-old woman on March 11 last year and sentenced him to seven-year jail term.
According to the prosecution, the occultist took the woman behind Balaji temple here on Railway station road under the pretext of performing puja and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares