Offences against women: Chouhan for faster investigation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that the state government would try to make sure that offences committed against women would be investigated in a time-bound manner.
Speaking at a Kite festival at Ektapuri ground yesterday on the occasion of Makarsankranti, Chouhan said that the government was trying to ensure that investigations in cases involving offences against women are completed in 15 days and courts decide in those cases in 45 to 60 days.
He also said that driving licence, passport and character certificate would not be issued to persons involved in cases of rape and misbehaviour with women nor would they be given government jobs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists