Offences against women: Chouhan for faster investigation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that the state government would try to make sure that offences committed against women would be investigated in a time-bound manner.
Speaking at a Kite festival at Ektapuri ground yesterday on the occasion of Makarsankranti, Chouhan said that the government was trying to ensure that investigations in cases involving offences against women are completed in 15 days and courts decide in those cases in 45 to 60 days.
He also said that driving licence, passport and character certificate would not be issued to persons involved in cases of rape and misbehaviour with women nor would they be given government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'