One more dies of swine flu in MP; toll rises to 17
Bhopal: One more person succumbed to the H1N1 virus in Bhopal, taking the death toll due to the infection in Madhya Pradesh to 17 this year.
A 45-year-old man from Sagar, who had been undergoing treatment at a private hospital here, succumbed due to the virus yesterday, health officials said today.
Among the 17 swine flu victims, eight died in Bhopal, six in Indore, two in Ujjain and one in Gwalior.
Ten samples of suspected H1N1 cases in the state had been sent to the ICMR Laboratory at Jabalpur for examination, officials said.
Of the ten samples, five are from Bhopal, three from Vidisha and two from Sehore districts.
On September 25, Chief Secretary R Parsuram, while reviewing the situation following fresh outbreak of the disease in MP, had advised people as well as doctors and paramedical staff to remain alert while dealing with the infection.
He directed officials to speed up sample testing at labs to ensure prompt medical attention to the patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez