Oppn politicising Katni land acquisition issue: MP govt
Bhopal: Alleging that the Opposition was trying to "politicise" the issue of land acquisition at Bujbuja and Dokaria villages in Katni district for a power project, Madhya Pradesh government on Friday said that more that 50 per cent farmers had already received compensation.
"More than half of the affected farmers have taken compensation for their land, which was paid more than the actual market value of the land in the area," state Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya told reporters here while blaming the Congress for "politicising" the issue.
Suicide committed by one Sunia Bai in Dongaria village in Barhi tehsil of Katni district was because of a family dispute and had nothing to do with the land acquisition process as alleged by the Opposition, he said.
Family members of the victim had already taken compensation for nearly four acres of land acquired for the project, Vijaywargiya claimed and added that they own a total of 12 acres land.
"A magisterial probe will be conducted into the Katni suicide incident," he said.
The minister said that one more person had allegedly attempted suicide yesterday by consuming some poisonous substance on the land acquisition issue. He also blamed the Opposition for "inciting" people on this.
He said that his party would talk to the JD(U) chief and NDA convenor Sharad Yadav, who had raised this issue in Katni about a week back.
Yadav is coming to the state capital tomorrow to address a party meeting on several issues including that of land acquisition, the minister said.
Dismissing reports that the power plant was being set up in the buffer zone of the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Vijaywargiya said that the company (Welspun Energy Madhya Pradesh Ltd) had taken all the necessary permissions for it.
Meanwhile, JD(U) Madhya Pradesh unit president Govind Yadav also alleged that the government was acquiring the land "forcibly and by terrorising farmers which is in violation of the rules."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you