Oppn to bring no-trust motion against BJP Govt in MP: Congress
Bhopal: The new Leader of Opposition in
Madhya Pradesh Assembly and Congress member Ajay Singh on Saturday
said a no-confidence motion would be brought this year against
the BJP Government.
"Two Assembly sessions are slated to be held this
year and the no-confidence motion would be brought in one of
them," he said at a press conference here.
"Black papers" on the "misdeeds" of the Shivraj Singh
Chouhan Government would be issued from time to time, he said.
"We have seen many white papers but the misdeeds of
this government can be listed only in a black paper," he said.
The Congress leader said corruption had reached its
peak in Madhya Pradesh. "The Congress would expose corruption
in the state and bring before the people its ugly face," he
Although BJP is in power, the ruling party has fallen
into the clutches of the Sangh Parivar which is deciding most
of the things in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
Madhya Pradesh was earlier known as an island of
peace, but now it had been turned into a "haven for
criminals", the Congress legislator said.
Ajay said the law and order situation was precarious,
the kidnapping industry was flourishing, incidents of rape
were on the rise and Dalit women were being insulted.
The manner in which a piece of land had been allotted
by the BJP Government to the Kushabhau Thakre trust had come
in for sharp criticism from the Supreme Court, Ajay said.
Graft cases were pending with the Lokayukta against
several Ministers but they continue to hold office, he said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is fond of
talking about a golden Madhya Pradesh, but nothing had been
done in this direction, the Congress leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says