Oppn to bring no-trust motion against BJP Govt in MP: Congress
Bhopal: The new Leader of Opposition in
Madhya Pradesh Assembly and Congress member Ajay Singh on Saturday
said a no-confidence motion would be brought this year against
the BJP Government.
"Two Assembly sessions are slated to be held this
year and the no-confidence motion would be brought in one of
them," he said at a press conference here.
"Black papers" on the "misdeeds" of the Shivraj Singh
Chouhan Government would be issued from time to time, he said.
"We have seen many white papers but the misdeeds of
this government can be listed only in a black paper," he said.
The Congress leader said corruption had reached its
peak in Madhya Pradesh. "The Congress would expose corruption
in the state and bring before the people its ugly face," he
Although BJP is in power, the ruling party has fallen
into the clutches of the Sangh Parivar which is deciding most
of the things in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
Madhya Pradesh was earlier known as an island of
peace, but now it had been turned into a "haven for
criminals", the Congress legislator said.
Ajay said the law and order situation was precarious,
the kidnapping industry was flourishing, incidents of rape
were on the rise and Dalit women were being insulted.
The manner in which a piece of land had been allotted
by the BJP Government to the Kushabhau Thakre trust had come
in for sharp criticism from the Supreme Court, Ajay said.
Graft cases were pending with the Lokayukta against
several Ministers but they continue to hold office, he said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is fond of
talking about a golden Madhya Pradesh, but nothing had been
done in this direction, the Congress leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister