Order on application charging Narayan Sai of wearing turban reserved
Indore: A local court has reserved its order for February 22, on an application charging self-styled godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai of donning a Sikh turban during his arrest in December last year.
First class judicial magistrate Manoj Kumar Ladiya reserved his judgement on the application filed by Gagandeep Singh Bhati, president of local Yuva Sikh Morcha after arguments in the case ended yesterday.
Gagandeep`s lawyer Inder Singh Bhatia said the court will announce its decision on February 22 on whether or not a case should be proceeded against Sai or not.
Sai was wearing a red turban when he was arrested in early December last after evading arrest for 58 days.
The father-son duo is facing cases of sexual assault. 40-year-old Sai was apprehended from Haryana-Delhi border in the sexual assault case lodged against him by an inmate of his Surat-based ashram. He himself had admitted to police on December 11 that he had physical relationship with eight of his female disciples.
Two Surat-based sisters had lodged complaints against Sai and his father of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges while staying in the Gujarat ashram.
In her complaint, the younger of the two sisters had accused Sai of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at the Surat ashram.
While his father and controversial spiritual guru Asaram has been lodged in the Central Jail in Jodhpur since his arrest in August 2013 on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl in his `ashram` there besides being accused of raping the Surat girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi