‘Organisational weakness led to BJP`s poor show in UP`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat
Jha on Tuesday said that organisational weakness contributed to the
party`s poor show in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
"It is time for the two national parties, Congress and
the BJP, to ponder as to why they could not do well in the
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections," Jha told reporters.
The State BJP President said that his party had returned
to power along with the Akali Dal in Punjab, on its own in Goa
and was involved in a neck-and-neck fight with the Congress in
"It is the organisational weakness that contributed to
the party`s poor performance in UP," he said.
Regarding Manipur, he said it was known that the BJP did
not have a strong presence in the North-Eastern state.
Jha said that the Uttar Pradesh election results have
proved that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has been
a failure as the in-charge of party affairs in the State.
"Not much can be expected from him during Assembly
elections in Madhya Pradesh due next year as well," added the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj