‘Organisational weakness led to BJP`s poor show in UP`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat
Jha on Tuesday said that organisational weakness contributed to the
party`s poor show in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
"It is time for the two national parties, Congress and
the BJP, to ponder as to why they could not do well in the
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections," Jha told reporters.
The State BJP President said that his party had returned
to power along with the Akali Dal in Punjab, on its own in Goa
and was involved in a neck-and-neck fight with the Congress in
"It is the organisational weakness that contributed to
the party`s poor performance in UP," he said.
Regarding Manipur, he said it was known that the BJP did
not have a strong presence in the North-Eastern state.
Jha said that the Uttar Pradesh election results have
proved that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has been
a failure as the in-charge of party affairs in the State.
"Not much can be expected from him during Assembly
elections in Madhya Pradesh due next year as well," added the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000