‘Organisational weakness led to BJP`s poor show in UP`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat
Jha on Tuesday said that organisational weakness contributed to the
party`s poor show in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
"It is time for the two national parties, Congress and
the BJP, to ponder as to why they could not do well in the
Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections," Jha told reporters.
The State BJP President said that his party had returned
to power along with the Akali Dal in Punjab, on its own in Goa
and was involved in a neck-and-neck fight with the Congress in
"It is the organisational weakness that contributed to
the party`s poor performance in UP," he said.
Regarding Manipur, he said it was known that the BJP did
not have a strong presence in the North-Eastern state.
Jha said that the Uttar Pradesh election results have
proved that Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has been
a failure as the in-charge of party affairs in the State.
"Not much can be expected from him during Assembly
elections in Madhya Pradesh due next year as well," added the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?