New Delhi: Special Investigation Team (SIT) chief Chandresh Bhushan on Thursday said that their work related to the Vyapam scam was almost over, after the Supreme Court has ordered the transferring of all cases relating to the scam to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
"According to us, we do not have much left to contribute now. Our work is done on the matter," said Kumar.
The CBI will probe the Vyapam scam and more than 30 deaths allegedly linked to the job recruitment scandal, the apex court ruled today.
The apex court has sought the response of the CBI by July 24.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had met the family of Akshay Singh, the journalist who died on Saturday while reporting on the Vyapam scam, earlier this morning.
Chouhan had earlier requested the Madhya Pradesh High Court to order a CBI probe into the scam. The Madhya Pradesh High Court yesterday refused to hear the state government's plea for a CBI probe and deferred the matter till July 20 citing pendency of a similar plea in the Supreme Court.
As many as 46 people associated with the scam as accused or witnesses have died under mysterious circumstances, according to reports.