Over 30 youths held in Bhopal for eve-teasing
Bhopal: As many as 36 youths were detained from various parts of the city for allegedly indulging in eve-teasing, police said on Sunday.
The youths were held from the New Market area, 10 number bus stop, Manisha Market among others last evening when they were caught passing lewd comments at women.
Acting on tip-offs, police reached the specific spots and nabbed the youths, some of whom are reportedly wards of senior government officials.
Those held were made to do sit-ups in public and were then detained briefly at police station before being let off after warning, said Bhopal Superintendent of Police Rajesh Bhadoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...