Over 30 youths held in Bhopal for eve-teasing
Bhopal: As many as 36 youths were detained from various parts of the city for allegedly indulging in eve-teasing, police said on Sunday.
The youths were held from the New Market area, 10 number bus stop, Manisha Market among others last evening when they were caught passing lewd comments at women.
Acting on tip-offs, police reached the specific spots and nabbed the youths, some of whom are reportedly wards of senior government officials.
Those held were made to do sit-ups in public and were then detained briefly at police station before being let off after warning, said Bhopal Superintendent of Police Rajesh Bhadoria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video