Pakistani man, two others get ten years of jail for spying
Bhopal: A Pakistani national and his two Indian associates have been sentenced to ten years rigorous imprisonment by a local court today on charge of spying for the neighbouring country.
The court also imposed a collective fine of Rs 20,000 on the trio.
The Pakistani spy, identified as Imran Qureshi from Karachi, had rented a house in Mangalwara area and was sending secret information through internet and other means to Pakistan. Based on a tip-off, the local police arrested him in January 2008, the prosecution said.
Though Imran tried to mislead the police initially, police carried out a search at his house and found a lot of objectionable documents from his possession. He was later taken into custody.
Police later interrogated him, following which he revealed the names of Sagar-based Iqbal Qureshi and Akthar Baig. Iqbal and Akthar too were arrested by the police and produced in the court for trial.
Imran was a resident of Kulsum Height, Gulshan Iqbal area of Karachi (Pakistan), the prosecution said.
The sentence was awarded by Additional Session Judge, P K Dwivedi under Passport Act`s section three, sections 467, 468 and 120B of the IPC and Section three of the Official Secrets Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?