Panchayat Secy nabbed for accepting bribe from disabled person
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Friday arrested a village panchayat secretary for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a physically handicapped man in exchange of financial aid to him under Indira Awas Yojana scheme.
Panchayat secretary of Tigariya village, Dilip Patel was arrested in Khandwa district on complaint of Vinod Shankarlal, Lokayukta police said.
Shankarlal was set to get Rs 45,000 under IAY to construct a house, out of which he had already received Rs 22,500, they said.
Patel had demanded Rs 3,000 from Shankarlal to issue a letter regarding the remaining amount, they said, adding, Patel was nabbed while accepting the amount.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act has been lodged against Patel, they said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!