Panchayat Secy nabbed for accepting bribe from disabled person
Indore: Lokayukta Police on Friday arrested a village panchayat secretary for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a physically handicapped man in exchange of financial aid to him under Indira Awas Yojana scheme.
Panchayat secretary of Tigariya village, Dilip Patel was arrested in Khandwa district on complaint of Vinod Shankarlal, Lokayukta police said.
Shankarlal was set to get Rs 45,000 under IAY to construct a house, out of which he had already received Rs 22,500, they said.
Patel had demanded Rs 3,000 from Shankarlal to issue a letter regarding the remaining amount, they said, adding, Patel was nabbed while accepting the amount.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act has been lodged against Patel, they said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency