`Panel should probe cases of BJP men manhandling babus`
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh on Saturday demanded that all the cases in which BJP leaders and workers allegedly insulted or manhandled state officials since the party came to power, should be given to the DeSa Committee for investigation.
The Madhya Pradesh government has appointed the Anthony DeSa Committee to probe into the recent incident in Ratlam, in which, state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria and MP Prem Chand Guddu allegedly had a heated argument with Ratlam collector Rajiv Dube on the issue of arriving late for a meeting and not providing copy of the agenda in advance.
In a letter to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, which lists the incidents of alleged misbehaviour or manhandling cases involving the ruling party members, including ministers and MLAs, with the officials, the Congress leader demanded that all such cases be handed over to the DeSa Committee for probe.
The government should take action against those ruling party members who were involved in such incidents and cases were registered against them, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets