Patna blasts: `An attempt to sabotage positivity Narendra Modi is creating`
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that the serial blasts in Patna ahead of the rally of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections was an attempt to sabotage the positivity that Narendra Modi was creating.
The MP CM tweeted on Tuesday – "I think that the blasts in Patna rally of Narendra Modi were an attempt by vested interests to sabotage the positivity he is creating." He also added – "It needs to be probed whether there was a plan to kill thousands of BJP supporters by creating panic in the Patna rally."
Multiple blasts rocked the capital of Bihar on October 27 in which six people were killed and more than eighty injured. Four explosions took place inside the Gandhi Maidan, the venue of Gujarat Chief Minister`s rally. However, the BJP went ahead with the rally and blamed the Nitish Kumar government the next day for security lapses.
But the Bihar CM said that there were no specific intelligence inputs from the IB about the terror attack. He also said that adequate security arrangements were in place for Modi`s much hyped `Hunkar` rally.
Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Wednesday that the Centre had agreed to the request of the Bihar government and handed over the blasts probe to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video