Peaceful demolition drive in Bhopal a day after violence
Bhopal: A day after violence marred the
anti-encroachment drive at a residential block at JK Road
here, the exercise to rid the area of unlawfully made
structures on Sunday passed off peacefully.
"Some unlawful structures were blown off and weakened in
the Minal Residency," Additional District Magistrate (ADM)
Rajnish Shrivastava said this evening.
He said that the drive passed off peacefully and there
was no resistance to it.
Shrivastava said some residents of the locality were
provided wrong information that their houses would be brought
down and were incited by vested interests to protest.
The ADM said that the Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC)
has plans to flatten around 300 under construction residences
in the township.
However, Shrivastava categorically said that no house in
which people are living would be brought down. Action will be
taken according to the book, he added.
On the violence, he said police are investigating into
it, the ADM said.
Police had to resort to cane charge and burst tear gas
shells yesterday when a mob resorted to stone pelting and
began damaging vehicles while protesting against plans to
demolish illegally built houses in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say