People talking about change in power at the Centre: Smriti Irani
Indore: With the Congress-led UPA government being unable to address the issues of growing inflation and corruption, the country`s people have started talking about a change in power at the Centre, a senior BJP leader said on Thursday.
"The Congress-led UPA is unable to reply to the people on the issue of growing inflation and rampant corruption in the country and therefore, they are raising their voice for a change of power at the Centre," newly appointed BJP Vice President Smriti Irani told reporters here.
In the 2014 general elections, there will be a change of power at the Centre with the BJP-led NDA forming government in the country, Smriti claimed.
Whenever Congress enters into electoral fray, it focuses itself on the issues concerning common man. "But the common man today is facing a difficult question of inflation without any answer", she said.
The Congress-led government believes in doing "self welfare" more than the development for the people, the BJP leader remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’