Petition filed against man for harassing father
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): An 80-year-old man has filed a petition at the Madhya Pradesh High Court accusing his son of harassing him regularly.
The victim Chhatrasal said in his petition, that he is a retired government employee, who had built his own house in Shahdol where he lives with his wife, son and his daughter-in-law.
He said that he has three sons, of whom one lives with him, while the elder one stays separately and the youngest does not do any work.
The old man alleged that his youngest son often comes to their house and beats him up, his wife, his daughter-in-law and locks them up in a room.
He said that he had approached the collector and the Superintendent of Police (SP) who refused to do anything on the ground that it was a domestic matter.
Responding to the petition, Justice Rajendra Menon of the Madhya Pradesh High Court issued notices to the police inspector general, collector, SP and the in-charge of the local police station, seeking their replies.
The judge also directed the police to provide protection to the aged couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!