Petition filed against man for harassing father
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): An 80-year-old man has filed a petition at the Madhya Pradesh High Court accusing his son of harassing him regularly.
The victim Chhatrasal said in his petition, that he is a retired government employee, who had built his own house in Shahdol where he lives with his wife, son and his daughter-in-law.
He said that he has three sons, of whom one lives with him, while the elder one stays separately and the youngest does not do any work.
The old man alleged that his youngest son often comes to their house and beats him up, his wife, his daughter-in-law and locks them up in a room.
He said that he had approached the collector and the Superintendent of Police (SP) who refused to do anything on the ground that it was a domestic matter.
Responding to the petition, Justice Rajendra Menon of the Madhya Pradesh High Court issued notices to the police inspector general, collector, SP and the in-charge of the local police station, seeking their replies.
The judge also directed the police to provide protection to the aged couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16