Petition filed against man for harassing father
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): An 80-year-old man has filed a petition at the Madhya Pradesh High Court accusing his son of harassing him regularly.
The victim Chhatrasal said in his petition, that he is a retired government employee, who had built his own house in Shahdol where he lives with his wife, son and his daughter-in-law.
He said that he has three sons, of whom one lives with him, while the elder one stays separately and the youngest does not do any work.
The old man alleged that his youngest son often comes to their house and beats him up, his wife, his daughter-in-law and locks them up in a room.
He said that he had approached the collector and the Superintendent of Police (SP) who refused to do anything on the ground that it was a domestic matter.
Responding to the petition, Justice Rajendra Menon of the Madhya Pradesh High Court issued notices to the police inspector general, collector, SP and the in-charge of the local police station, seeking their replies.
The judge also directed the police to provide protection to the aged couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever