Petition filed against man for harassing father
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): An 80-year-old man has filed a petition at the Madhya Pradesh High Court accusing his son of harassing him regularly.
The victim Chhatrasal said in his petition, that he is a retired government employee, who had built his own house in Shahdol where he lives with his wife, son and his daughter-in-law.
He said that he has three sons, of whom one lives with him, while the elder one stays separately and the youngest does not do any work.
The old man alleged that his youngest son often comes to their house and beats him up, his wife, his daughter-in-law and locks them up in a room.
He said that he had approached the collector and the Superintendent of Police (SP) who refused to do anything on the ground that it was a domestic matter.
Responding to the petition, Justice Rajendra Menon of the Madhya Pradesh High Court issued notices to the police inspector general, collector, SP and the in-charge of the local police station, seeking their replies.
The judge also directed the police to provide protection to the aged couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore