Petition filed against man for harassing father
Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh): An 80-year-old man has filed a petition at the Madhya Pradesh High Court accusing his son of harassing him regularly.
The victim Chhatrasal said in his petition, that he is a retired government employee, who had built his own house in Shahdol where he lives with his wife, son and his daughter-in-law.
He said that he has three sons, of whom one lives with him, while the elder one stays separately and the youngest does not do any work.
The old man alleged that his youngest son often comes to their house and beats him up, his wife, his daughter-in-law and locks them up in a room.
He said that he had approached the collector and the Superintendent of Police (SP) who refused to do anything on the ground that it was a domestic matter.
Responding to the petition, Justice Rajendra Menon of the Madhya Pradesh High Court issued notices to the police inspector general, collector, SP and the in-charge of the local police station, seeking their replies.
The judge also directed the police to provide protection to the aged couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday