PIL filed in SC on woman judge issue
New Delhi: A PIL was on Monday filed in the Supreme Court seeking lodging of an FIR and judicial inquiry to take action on the complaint of a woman judge of Gwalior who has accused a Madhya Pradesh High Court judge of sexually harassing her due to which she had to quit judicial service.
The PIL also sought suspension of the judge of the Gwalior bench of the high court, who had allegedly sexually harassed the woman judge, during the pendency of the inquiry.
"To appoint a judicial inquiry by this court itself consisting justices of the Supreme Court in the impugned scenario for further action/prosecution in accordance of law /IPC as well as within the directions issued in the Vishakha judgement to provide complete justice to the petitioner," the petition, filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'