PM should resign over Rahul`s remarks on ordinance: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation in the wake of Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi`s statement over controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers.
"If the Prime Minister has even little bit of shame and self-respect, then he along with his entire Cabinet, should immediately step down," Chouhan said while addressing his `Janashirwad Yatra` in Piparia town in Hoshangabad district.
Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi, Chouhan said, "Those who don`t have the capability to run the party are now talking about running the nation!"
Earlier in the day, Chouhan had said that the comments made by the Congress Vice-President on the ordinance amounted to an insult of the Prime Minister and his council of ministers. "An ordinance can be good or bad, but those sitting on the constitutional posts must always be honoured. The honour of the Prime Minister`s post be preserved at all cost," the Chief Minister said in a statement.
In a major embarrassment to the UPA government, Gandhi yesterday denounced the controversial ordinance to negate the Supreme Court verdict on convicted lawmakers as "complete nonsense" and said the ordinance should be "torn up and thrown away".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie