PMT scam: Ex-MPPEB exam controller gets judicial custody
Indore: A local court on Saturday remanded former examination controller of Madhya Pradesh Professional Education Board (MPPEB) Pankaj Trivedi in judicial custody till October 1 in connection with alleged Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam.
Trivedi, arrested by the Special Task Force yesterday from Bhopal, was produced in the court of judicial magistrate first class (JMFC) Manoj Ladia.
According to police, Trivedi allegedly colluded with different sets of racketeers involved in the scam during his tenure as the controller of examinations.
The alleged scam involved dummy candidates appearing for the examination.
Police arrested 20 persons, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, including the kingpin of the racket Dr Jagdish Singh Sagar, besides three MPPEB officials from Bhopal so far.
According to police, the accused fleeced gullible students for securing admission in medical colleges across the state in connivance with the Board officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country