PMT scam: Ex-MPPEB exam controller gets judicial custody
Indore: A local court on Saturday remanded former examination controller of Madhya Pradesh Professional Education Board (MPPEB) Pankaj Trivedi in judicial custody till October 1 in connection with alleged Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam.
Trivedi, arrested by the Special Task Force yesterday from Bhopal, was produced in the court of judicial magistrate first class (JMFC) Manoj Ladia.
According to police, Trivedi allegedly colluded with different sets of racketeers involved in the scam during his tenure as the controller of examinations.
The alleged scam involved dummy candidates appearing for the examination.
Police arrested 20 persons, mostly from Uttar Pradesh, including the kingpin of the racket Dr Jagdish Singh Sagar, besides three MPPEB officials from Bhopal so far.
According to police, the accused fleeced gullible students for securing admission in medical colleges across the state in connivance with the Board officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab