Police officials held in Ambika Prasad Dube murder
Narsinghpur: Three accused, including a police inspector and a head constable, were arrested by the police after high court directives, in connection with the killing of Ambika Prasad Dube in the May 2012 police firing.
Dube was killed in a police firing at Jhipani Dhana village following a dispute. Later, his daughter filed a petition in the high court alleging that the police murdered her father after a dispute with a salesman over distribution of foodgrains.
The situation turned violent that day, after which the police opened fire in which Dube was shot dead.
Following the high court directive, an FIR was registered and the then Suatala police station in-charge Ashutosh Chand, head constable Rajesh Jaat and a salesman Shivkumar Udenia were arrested by the Madhya Pradesh police`s Special Investigative Team (SIT) yesterday.
The accused were produced in a local court, which sent all of them to jail under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what