Police recover body parts of Dhar cong leader Agrawal
Dhar: The Police have recovered burnt
body parts of Congress leader Kailash Agrawal and his driver
who were allegedly killed by few persons following old enmity.
Agrawal, general secretary of Congress in Dhar
District and former vice chairman of the city`s Nagar Palika
went missing along with his driver three day`s back.
Indore Range`s Inspector General of Police (IG) told
reporters here today that near total burnt body parts of
Agrawal and his driver were recovered from Katola village
following the arrest of a suspected person.
Agrawal along with his driver had left in a jeep for
Jhabua three days back and had gone missing. Later, Police
recovered his jeep which had been set afire near Ashta town.
Police managed to get some leads in the case and got
hold of one Sardar Katola who after interrogation admitted
that he and five other associates killed Agrawal and his
driver on directives from one Narayan Katola who nursed a
grudge against Agrawal for making few persons depose against
him in a court case.
Sardar also admitted that he and his associates later
disposed off their bodies by setting them afire and threw part
of the burnt body of Agrawal into the river Narmada.
Police said the hunt is on to nab Narayan and other
accused and have also announced cash award for anyone
informing about their whereabouts.
Meanwhile, protesting against the incident, a large
number of people gheraoed at the local police station here and
blocked the Indore-Ahmedabad highway for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says