Police seize Rs 51 lakh
Jabalpur: Police seized Rs 51 lakh in cash on Friday from the residence of a coaching class director who was arrested in connection with the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in the state.
The currency was recovered by Indore police`s crime branch team after it arrested Sanjay Gupta recently from Jabalpur in connection with the scam, police sources said.
Besides Gupta, sleuths earlier arrested alleged kingpins of the gang, Jagdish Sagar and three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) which organises tests for various professional courses and government jobs in the state.
After getting information from Gupta, the police raided his house in Jagdamba Colony and recovered Rs 51 lakh cash from there.
It was suspected that the money was taken from candidates for getting them `selected` in the medical entrance examination, the police said, adding that it is probing the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?