Police seize Rs 51 lakh
Jabalpur: Police seized Rs 51 lakh in cash on Friday from the residence of a coaching class director who was arrested in connection with the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in the state.
The currency was recovered by Indore police`s crime branch team after it arrested Sanjay Gupta recently from Jabalpur in connection with the scam, police sources said.
Besides Gupta, sleuths earlier arrested alleged kingpins of the gang, Jagdish Sagar and three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) which organises tests for various professional courses and government jobs in the state.
After getting information from Gupta, the police raided his house in Jagdamba Colony and recovered Rs 51 lakh cash from there.
It was suspected that the money was taken from candidates for getting them `selected` in the medical entrance examination, the police said, adding that it is probing the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh