Police seize Rs 51 lakh
Jabalpur: Police seized Rs 51 lakh in cash on Friday from the residence of a coaching class director who was arrested in connection with the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in the state.
The currency was recovered by Indore police`s crime branch team after it arrested Sanjay Gupta recently from Jabalpur in connection with the scam, police sources said.
Besides Gupta, sleuths earlier arrested alleged kingpins of the gang, Jagdish Sagar and three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) which organises tests for various professional courses and government jobs in the state.
After getting information from Gupta, the police raided his house in Jagdamba Colony and recovered Rs 51 lakh cash from there.
It was suspected that the money was taken from candidates for getting them `selected` in the medical entrance examination, the police said, adding that it is probing the matter further.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview