Police seize Rs 51 lakh
Jabalpur: Police seized Rs 51 lakh in cash on Friday from the residence of a coaching class director who was arrested in connection with the recent Pre-Medical Test (PMT) scam in the state.
The currency was recovered by Indore police`s crime branch team after it arrested Sanjay Gupta recently from Jabalpur in connection with the scam, police sources said.
Besides Gupta, sleuths earlier arrested alleged kingpins of the gang, Jagdish Sagar and three officials of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) which organises tests for various professional courses and government jobs in the state.
After getting information from Gupta, the police raided his house in Jagdamba Colony and recovered Rs 51 lakh cash from there.
It was suspected that the money was taken from candidates for getting them `selected` in the medical entrance examination, the police said, adding that it is probing the matter further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured