Police suspect teenage girl raped before murder in Indore
Indore: A 15-year-old girl found murdered here might have been raped, police said on Sunday.
"The post mortem report showed that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts which could have been caused during the struggle she might have put up with her attackers", they said.
SP (Headquarter) Vinay Prakash Pal said that separate cases were registered with Lasudia and Khurel police stations and police was yet to make any arrest.
"The probe is on and it is to be ascertained by medical authorities whether the girl was raped as the primary autopsy report indicated of injuries on her private parts", he said.
The body of the teenage girl, who had been missing since January 16, was found yesterday near Devguradiya square here, with strangulation marks on it.
Cold wave conditions persisted in North India on Sunday, where temperature remained variably below normal in most parts of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate