Police suspect teenage girl raped before murder in Indore
Indore: A 15-year-old girl found murdered here might have been raped, police said on Sunday.
"The post mortem report showed that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts which could have been caused during the struggle she might have put up with her attackers", they said.
SP (Headquarter) Vinay Prakash Pal said that separate cases were registered with Lasudia and Khurel police stations and police was yet to make any arrest.
"The probe is on and it is to be ascertained by medical authorities whether the girl was raped as the primary autopsy report indicated of injuries on her private parts", he said.
The body of the teenage girl, who had been missing since January 16, was found yesterday near Devguradiya square here, with strangulation marks on it.
Cold wave conditions persisted in North India on Sunday, where temperature remained variably below normal in most parts of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan