Police suspect teenage girl raped before murder in Indore
Indore: A 15-year-old girl found murdered here might have been raped, police said on Sunday.
"The post mortem report showed that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts which could have been caused during the struggle she might have put up with her attackers", they said.
SP (Headquarter) Vinay Prakash Pal said that separate cases were registered with Lasudia and Khurel police stations and police was yet to make any arrest.
"The probe is on and it is to be ascertained by medical authorities whether the girl was raped as the primary autopsy report indicated of injuries on her private parts", he said.
The body of the teenage girl, who had been missing since January 16, was found yesterday near Devguradiya square here, with strangulation marks on it.
Cold wave conditions persisted in North India on Sunday, where temperature remained variably below normal in most parts of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?