Police suspect teenage girl raped before murder in Indore
Indore: A 15-year-old girl found murdered here might have been raped, police said on Sunday.
"The post mortem report showed that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts which could have been caused during the struggle she might have put up with her attackers", they said.
SP (Headquarter) Vinay Prakash Pal said that separate cases were registered with Lasudia and Khurel police stations and police was yet to make any arrest.
"The probe is on and it is to be ascertained by medical authorities whether the girl was raped as the primary autopsy report indicated of injuries on her private parts", he said.
The body of the teenage girl, who had been missing since January 16, was found yesterday near Devguradiya square here, with strangulation marks on it.
Cold wave conditions persisted in North India on Sunday, where temperature remained variably below normal in most parts of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!