Police suspect teenage girl raped before murder in Indore
Indore: A 15-year-old girl found murdered here might have been raped, police said on Sunday.
"The post mortem report showed that the girl sustained injuries on her private parts which could have been caused during the struggle she might have put up with her attackers", they said.
SP (Headquarter) Vinay Prakash Pal said that separate cases were registered with Lasudia and Khurel police stations and police was yet to make any arrest.
"The probe is on and it is to be ascertained by medical authorities whether the girl was raped as the primary autopsy report indicated of injuries on her private parts", he said.
The body of the teenage girl, who had been missing since January 16, was found yesterday near Devguradiya square here, with strangulation marks on it.
Cold wave conditions persisted in North India on Sunday, where temperature remained variably below normal in most parts of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate