Population control mission doc performs over 3-lac surgeries
Bhopal: With over 3,05,000 sterilisation operations to his credit, Dr Lalit Mohan Pant from Madhya Pradesh, has been hugely successful in his mission to prevent a population explosion in the country.
The Indore-based doctor, who is a surgeon in a government hospital with specialisation in laproscopic sterilisation, has contributed a lot in his little way to tackle the problem of growing population.
"It is estimated that one sterilisation operation prevents 2.7 births, which means I have been successful in preventing addition of 8,23,500 births in the country which has over 1.21 billion as per the 2011 census," Dr Pant, who has documented each operation in official records said.
His consistent efforts also found him a place in the Limca Book of World Records with the largest number of operations in day (816) besides 27,578 surgeries and 627 camps in one year.
For the past 32 years, Pant has been working in the remotest tribal areas of Madhya Pradesh. Now with his headquarters at Indore, he is the only laparoscopic surgeon authorised by the Government of Madhya Pradesh to work throughout the state.
Three decades ago, when he started working on his project, the male participation was almost zero. Now, up to 60 per cent of his patients are males undergoing sterilisation, he said.
He has also started a movement of `Hum Paanch". The idea behind this is to make a chain of people to market good ideas, thoughts or experience sharing, without involving money, for the sake of checking population rise in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!