Posters hailing Sanjay Joshi surface in Bhopal
Bhopal: After Delhi and Gujarat, the `poster war` in support of Narendra Modi`s bete noire Sanjay Joshi has shifted to Madhya Pradesh with the banners condemning BJP for "deviating" from value-based politics, cropping up near the state BJP headquarters in Bhopal on Wednesday.
The posters bearing Joshi`s picture along with `lotus`, the election symbol of BJP, flashes a message in Hindi that could be translated as "BJP merely talks of value-based politics but indulges in committing atrocities", besides slogans in his support.
The posters were seen even after Joshi had on Sunday issued an appeal that no poster hitting out at any BJP leader and depicting his photos should be put up again as it harms the party`s image.
BJP workers removed the posters from near the party office and various places in the city with the help of the Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) staff.
Madhya Pradesh BJP President, Prabhat Jha, told reporters that the party`s state unit has nothing to do with the controversy associated with Joshi. "He (Joshi) had already resigned from the post and the party," Jha said in his terse reaction.
Recently, some posters had been put up at the BJP headquarters in New Delhi as well as in Ahmedabad which carried Joshi`s photo and targeted Modi without naming him. Such posters and pamphlets came up again at BJP Gujarat meeting.
In the run up to the BJP national executive in Mumbai, Modi had successfully prevailed upon BJP top brass to oust Joshi from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing