Posters hailing Sanjay Joshi surface in Bhopal
Bhopal: After Delhi and Gujarat, the `poster war` in support of Narendra Modi`s bete noire Sanjay Joshi has shifted to Madhya Pradesh with the banners condemning BJP for "deviating" from value-based politics, cropping up near the state BJP headquarters in Bhopal on Wednesday.
The posters bearing Joshi`s picture along with `lotus`, the election symbol of BJP, flashes a message in Hindi that could be translated as "BJP merely talks of value-based politics but indulges in committing atrocities", besides slogans in his support.
The posters were seen even after Joshi had on Sunday issued an appeal that no poster hitting out at any BJP leader and depicting his photos should be put up again as it harms the party`s image.
BJP workers removed the posters from near the party office and various places in the city with the help of the Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) staff.
Madhya Pradesh BJP President, Prabhat Jha, told reporters that the party`s state unit has nothing to do with the controversy associated with Joshi. "He (Joshi) had already resigned from the post and the party," Jha said in his terse reaction.
Recently, some posters had been put up at the BJP headquarters in New Delhi as well as in Ahmedabad which carried Joshi`s photo and targeted Modi without naming him. Such posters and pamphlets came up again at BJP Gujarat meeting.
In the run up to the BJP national executive in Mumbai, Modi had successfully prevailed upon BJP top brass to oust Joshi from the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!