Power theft in Asaram`s ashram
Chhindwara (MP): Electricity officials raided Asaram Bapu`s ashram here and detected a power theft following which Rs 1.70 lakh bill including the penalty was raised against it.
The power theft was detected on Tuesday. The ashram authorities allegedly committed the theft by putting a magnet on the electricity meter installed in its premises, the power company`s Superintendent Engineer (SE) Prahlad Gupta told reporters today.
The power officials seized the magnet and the electricity meter from the ashram premises. The officials also raised a bill of Rs 1.70 lakh including penalty against the Ashram.
Meanwhile, Gondwana Gantantra Party`s national spokesman Anees Khan demanded registration of criminal case against Asaram for indulging in power theft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?