Power theft in Asaram`s ashram
Chhindwara (MP): Electricity officials raided Asaram Bapu`s ashram here and detected a power theft following which Rs 1.70 lakh bill including the penalty was raised against it.
The power theft was detected on Tuesday. The ashram authorities allegedly committed the theft by putting a magnet on the electricity meter installed in its premises, the power company`s Superintendent Engineer (SE) Prahlad Gupta told reporters today.
The power officials seized the magnet and the electricity meter from the ashram premises. The officials also raised a bill of Rs 1.70 lakh including penalty against the Ashram.
Meanwhile, Gondwana Gantantra Party`s national spokesman Anees Khan demanded registration of criminal case against Asaram for indulging in power theft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic