Prabhat Jha is new Madhya Pradesh BJP President
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Prabhat Jha was on Saturday elected unopposed as President of the Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP.
His election was announced at the party office here by
BJP Vice-President Kalraj Mishra who was the observer for the
Mishra said only one nomination (that of Jha) was
received for the State party President`s post.
Four sets of nomination papers, signed by 10 people each,
were submitted this morning on behalf of Jha (51), who is a
Rajya Sabha member from the BJP-ruled state.
Several BJP leaders, including Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, Kailash Joshi, Sunderlal Patwa, Vikram Verma
and several ministers were present at the time of Jha`s
Jha succeeds Narendra Singh Tomar, who was in March
appointed General Secretary in the new team of office-bearers
announced by BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside