Prabhat Jha is new Madhya Pradesh BJP President
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Prabhat Jha was on Saturday elected unopposed as President of the Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP.
His election was announced at the party office here by
BJP Vice-President Kalraj Mishra who was the observer for the
Mishra said only one nomination (that of Jha) was
received for the State party President`s post.
Four sets of nomination papers, signed by 10 people each,
were submitted this morning on behalf of Jha (51), who is a
Rajya Sabha member from the BJP-ruled state.
Several BJP leaders, including Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, Kailash Joshi, Sunderlal Patwa, Vikram Verma
and several ministers were present at the time of Jha`s
Jha succeeds Narendra Singh Tomar, who was in March
appointed General Secretary in the new team of office-bearers
announced by BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police