Prabhat Jha is new Madhya Pradesh BJP President
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Prabhat Jha was on Saturday elected unopposed as President of the Madhya Pradesh unit of BJP.
His election was announced at the party office here by
BJP Vice-President Kalraj Mishra who was the observer for the
Mishra said only one nomination (that of Jha) was
received for the State party President`s post.
Four sets of nomination papers, signed by 10 people each,
were submitted this morning on behalf of Jha (51), who is a
Rajya Sabha member from the BJP-ruled state.
Several BJP leaders, including Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, Kailash Joshi, Sunderlal Patwa, Vikram Verma
and several ministers were present at the time of Jha`s
Jha succeeds Narendra Singh Tomar, who was in March
appointed General Secretary in the new team of office-bearers
announced by BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America