Pre-medical test scam: Key accused held from Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police on Monday arrested a key accused in connection with the inter-state Pre Medical Test (PMT) scam, who was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off, the Crime Branch sleuths apprehended Gangaram Pipliya (46), a resident of Barwani from Madhumilan square, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Soni told reporters.
The ASP said Pipliya was one of the key members of the gang headed by Dr Jagdish Sagar involved in the PMT scam. Sagar was arrested on July 7 and since then he was in jail under the judicial custody.
Soni said Pipliya acted as the right-hand man of Sagar who used to lure prospecting candidates to the gang and convince them to shell out money for admission in the medical colleges of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani