Pre-medical test scam: Key accused held from Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police on Monday arrested a key accused in connection with the inter-state Pre Medical Test (PMT) scam, who was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off, the Crime Branch sleuths apprehended Gangaram Pipliya (46), a resident of Barwani from Madhumilan square, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Soni told reporters.
The ASP said Pipliya was one of the key members of the gang headed by Dr Jagdish Sagar involved in the PMT scam. Sagar was arrested on July 7 and since then he was in jail under the judicial custody.
Soni said Pipliya acted as the right-hand man of Sagar who used to lure prospecting candidates to the gang and convince them to shell out money for admission in the medical colleges of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic