Pre-medical test scam: Key accused held from Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police on Monday arrested a key accused in connection with the inter-state Pre Medical Test (PMT) scam, who was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off, the Crime Branch sleuths apprehended Gangaram Pipliya (46), a resident of Barwani from Madhumilan square, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Soni told reporters.
The ASP said Pipliya was one of the key members of the gang headed by Dr Jagdish Sagar involved in the PMT scam. Sagar was arrested on July 7 and since then he was in jail under the judicial custody.
Soni said Pipliya acted as the right-hand man of Sagar who used to lure prospecting candidates to the gang and convince them to shell out money for admission in the medical colleges of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das