Pre-medical test scam: Key accused held from Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police on Monday arrested a key accused in connection with the inter-state Pre Medical Test (PMT) scam, who was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off, the Crime Branch sleuths apprehended Gangaram Pipliya (46), a resident of Barwani from Madhumilan square, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Soni told reporters.
The ASP said Pipliya was one of the key members of the gang headed by Dr Jagdish Sagar involved in the PMT scam. Sagar was arrested on July 7 and since then he was in jail under the judicial custody.
Soni said Pipliya acted as the right-hand man of Sagar who used to lure prospecting candidates to the gang and convince them to shell out money for admission in the medical colleges of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed