Pre-medical test scam: Key accused held from Indore
Indore: Madhya Pradesh police on Monday arrested a key accused in connection with the inter-state Pre Medical Test (PMT) scam, who was carrying a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
Acting on a tip-off, the Crime Branch sleuths apprehended Gangaram Pipliya (46), a resident of Barwani from Madhumilan square, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Dilip Soni told reporters.
The ASP said Pipliya was one of the key members of the gang headed by Dr Jagdish Sagar involved in the PMT scam. Sagar was arrested on July 7 and since then he was in jail under the judicial custody.
Soni said Pipliya acted as the right-hand man of Sagar who used to lure prospecting candidates to the gang and convince them to shell out money for admission in the medical colleges of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read