Preserving Gandhi`s legacy for 125 years!
Harda (MP): Gandhi caps were briefly in vogue
during the recent Anna Hazare movement, but a government
school in this district has all its students donning the
headgear for the last 125 years as a mark of respect to the
Father of the Nation.
The 500 students in Shaskiya Buniyadi Shala in Khirkiya
tehsil, about 35 km away from the district headquarters in
Madhya Pradesh, have been voluntarily donning a Gandhi cap
everyday since its inception 125 years ago, its official Moti
Singh Suchar claimed today on the occasion of the 142nd birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
By wearing the cap, they feel as if they are fully
energised to serve the country and become totally disciplined,
Principal S K Jape said adding though that it was not
mandatory to wear it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India