Preserving Gandhi`s legacy for 125 years!
Harda (MP): Gandhi caps were briefly in vogue
during the recent Anna Hazare movement, but a government
school in this district has all its students donning the
headgear for the last 125 years as a mark of respect to the
Father of the Nation.
The 500 students in Shaskiya Buniyadi Shala in Khirkiya
tehsil, about 35 km away from the district headquarters in
Madhya Pradesh, have been voluntarily donning a Gandhi cap
everyday since its inception 125 years ago, its official Moti
Singh Suchar claimed today on the occasion of the 142nd birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
By wearing the cap, they feel as if they are fully
energised to serve the country and become totally disciplined,
Principal S K Jape said adding though that it was not
mandatory to wear it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister