Preserving Gandhi`s legacy for 125 years!
Harda (MP): Gandhi caps were briefly in vogue
during the recent Anna Hazare movement, but a government
school in this district has all its students donning the
headgear for the last 125 years as a mark of respect to the
Father of the Nation.
The 500 students in Shaskiya Buniyadi Shala in Khirkiya
tehsil, about 35 km away from the district headquarters in
Madhya Pradesh, have been voluntarily donning a Gandhi cap
everyday since its inception 125 years ago, its official Moti
Singh Suchar claimed today on the occasion of the 142nd birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
By wearing the cap, they feel as if they are fully
energised to serve the country and become totally disciplined,
Principal S K Jape said adding though that it was not
mandatory to wear it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley