Preserving Gandhi`s legacy for 125 years!
Harda (MP): Gandhi caps were briefly in vogue
during the recent Anna Hazare movement, but a government
school in this district has all its students donning the
headgear for the last 125 years as a mark of respect to the
Father of the Nation.
The 500 students in Shaskiya Buniyadi Shala in Khirkiya
tehsil, about 35 km away from the district headquarters in
Madhya Pradesh, have been voluntarily donning a Gandhi cap
everyday since its inception 125 years ago, its official Moti
Singh Suchar claimed today on the occasion of the 142nd birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
By wearing the cap, they feel as if they are fully
energised to serve the country and become totally disciplined,
Principal S K Jape said adding though that it was not
mandatory to wear it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss