Preserving Gandhi`s legacy for 125 years!
Harda (MP): Gandhi caps were briefly in vogue
during the recent Anna Hazare movement, but a government
school in this district has all its students donning the
headgear for the last 125 years as a mark of respect to the
Father of the Nation.
The 500 students in Shaskiya Buniyadi Shala in Khirkiya
tehsil, about 35 km away from the district headquarters in
Madhya Pradesh, have been voluntarily donning a Gandhi cap
everyday since its inception 125 years ago, its official Moti
Singh Suchar claimed today on the occasion of the 142nd birth
anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
By wearing the cap, they feel as if they are fully
energised to serve the country and become totally disciplined,
Principal S K Jape said adding though that it was not
mandatory to wear it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das