President Pranab Mukherjee to begin three-day visit MP
Bhopal: President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive here on Thursday on a three-day visit to Madhya Pradesh which will begin with his laying the foundation stone of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University.
Later, the President will attend the eighth convocation of the Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidyalaya and also inaugurate the tribal museum, showcasing tribal history, culture and artefacts, official sources said.
On June 7, Mukherjee will leave for Jhoteshwar in Narsinghpur district to inaugurate the Shankracharya Netralaya, established by Swami Swaroopanand Charitable Trust for providing medical facilities to the region`s tribal population.
Later, the President will attend the 1st convocation of the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University at Amarkantak.
The university was established in 2008 with the aim to provide avenues of higher education and research facilities primarily to the tribal population.
On June 8, he will attend the 1st convocation of the newly created Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore, sources added.
The state government has made elaborate security arrangements at all these places in view of the President`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray