President Pranab Mukherjee to begin three-day visit MP
Bhopal: President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive here on Thursday on a three-day visit to Madhya Pradesh which will begin with his laying the foundation stone of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University.
Later, the President will attend the eighth convocation of the Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidyalaya and also inaugurate the tribal museum, showcasing tribal history, culture and artefacts, official sources said.
On June 7, Mukherjee will leave for Jhoteshwar in Narsinghpur district to inaugurate the Shankracharya Netralaya, established by Swami Swaroopanand Charitable Trust for providing medical facilities to the region`s tribal population.
Later, the President will attend the 1st convocation of the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University at Amarkantak.
The university was established in 2008 with the aim to provide avenues of higher education and research facilities primarily to the tribal population.
On June 8, he will attend the 1st convocation of the newly created Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore, sources added.
The state government has made elaborate security arrangements at all these places in view of the President`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter