President`s three-day visit to Madhya Pradesh starts Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will pay a three-day visit to Madhya Pradesh beginning June 6, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Wednesday.
Mukherjee would be laying the foundation stone for the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University in Bhopal June 6. He would then attend the 8th convocation of the Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, followed by the inauguration of the tribal museum in the capital city.
On June 7, the president will inaugurate the Shankaracharya Netralaya at Jhoteshwar in Narsinghpur, which will provide medical facilities for tribal people in the region.
On the same day, he will attend the first convocation of the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University at Amarkantak, which was established in 2008 to provide higher education and research facilities, and serves mostly a tribal population.
On the last day of his tour, Mukherjee would be attending the first convocation of Indian Institute of Technology, Indore.
The president will return to New Delhi June 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...