Probationary IAS officer booked for dowry demand
Bhopal: A probationary IAS officer has been booked for allegedly demanding dowry from the family of a senior police official here to marry their daughter.
Harjinder Singh, an IAS officer on probation, who is posted in the neighbouring Hoshangabad district, was booked under section 3/4 of Dowry Act at Habibganj police station here yesterday on the complaint lodged by Bhopal`s Additional Director General of Police Swarna Singh`s wife Manjeet Kaur, police said today.
In her complaint, Manjeet alleged that during the engagement ceremony, Harjinder was gifted with a car and some money but he started demanding more money, threatening to break the betrothal if his demand was not met.
The accused was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stars set to spread Bollywood fever in Spain during IIFA
- Nirbhaya-like rape case jolts Bihar; pistol inserted in 21-year-old victim's private parts
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million