Probationary IAS officer booked for dowry demand
Bhopal: A probationary IAS officer has been booked for allegedly demanding dowry from the family of a senior police official here to marry their daughter.
Harjinder Singh, an IAS officer on probation, who is posted in the neighbouring Hoshangabad district, was booked under section 3/4 of Dowry Act at Habibganj police station here yesterday on the complaint lodged by Bhopal`s Additional Director General of Police Swarna Singh`s wife Manjeet Kaur, police said today.
In her complaint, Manjeet alleged that during the engagement ceremony, Harjinder was gifted with a car and some money but he started demanding more money, threatening to break the betrothal if his demand was not met.
The accused was not available for comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference