Probationary IAS officer booked for dowry demand
Bhopal: A probationary IAS officer has been booked for allegedly demanding dowry from the family of a senior police official here to marry their daughter.
Harjinder Singh, an IAS officer on probation, who is posted in the neighbouring Hoshangabad district, was booked under section 3/4 of Dowry Act at Habibganj police station here yesterday on the complaint lodged by Bhopal`s Additional Director General of Police Swarna Singh`s wife Manjeet Kaur, police said today.
In her complaint, Manjeet alleged that during the engagement ceremony, Harjinder was gifted with a car and some money but he started demanding more money, threatening to break the betrothal if his demand was not met.
The accused was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi