Probationary IAS officer booked for dowry demand
Bhopal: A probationary IAS officer has been booked for allegedly demanding dowry from the family of a senior police official here to marry their daughter.
Harjinder Singh, an IAS officer on probation, who is posted in the neighbouring Hoshangabad district, was booked under section 3/4 of Dowry Act at Habibganj police station here yesterday on the complaint lodged by Bhopal`s Additional Director General of Police Swarna Singh`s wife Manjeet Kaur, police said today.
In her complaint, Manjeet alleged that during the engagement ceremony, Harjinder was gifted with a car and some money but he started demanding more money, threatening to break the betrothal if his demand was not met.
The accused was not available for comment.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan