Probe on against MP CM Chouhan: Lokayukta
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta
(Ombudsman) Justice P P Naolekar has denied that his
organisation was soft-pedalling probes against state Chief
Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the dumper purchase case and
eight members of his council of ministers.
"We are carrying out the probe against Chouhan and
his eight ministers according to the book. We are not soft on
anyone in our probes," the Lokayukta said in an interview.
"We rely on evidence and it takes time to gather
legal proof against those holding high positions", Naolekar
"If any one comes to us with a complaint backed with
some evidence against ministers, they are welcome. We will
carry out probes to the logical end as what matters to us is
legal evidence which can stand in the court," he said.
"We take time to build a strong case against the
accused in the probes and that`s why our conviction rate was
70 per cent high," the Lokayukta remarked.
Justice Naolekar, who is a retired Supreme Court
judge, said that people’s faith in Lokayukta-the special
establishment of police formed to check corruption-was
increasing, as more and more people have started approaching
their organisation with complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof