Probe on against MP CM Chouhan: Lokayukta
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta
(Ombudsman) Justice P P Naolekar has denied that his
organisation was soft-pedalling probes against state Chief
Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the dumper purchase case and
eight members of his council of ministers.
"We are carrying out the probe against Chouhan and
his eight ministers according to the book. We are not soft on
anyone in our probes," the Lokayukta said in an interview.
"We rely on evidence and it takes time to gather
legal proof against those holding high positions", Naolekar
"If any one comes to us with a complaint backed with
some evidence against ministers, they are welcome. We will
carry out probes to the logical end as what matters to us is
legal evidence which can stand in the court," he said.
"We take time to build a strong case against the
accused in the probes and that`s why our conviction rate was
70 per cent high," the Lokayukta remarked.
Justice Naolekar, who is a retired Supreme Court
judge, said that people’s faith in Lokayukta-the special
establishment of police formed to check corruption-was
increasing, as more and more people have started approaching
their organisation with complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Matt Damon is back, check out terrific 'Jason Bourne' poster!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales