Qiraat-e-Quran held in Bhopal
Bhopal: The seventh International
Qiraat-e-Quran (recital of Holy Quran) was held here till the
early hours on Saturday at the local historic Iqbal Maidan in which
14 Qaris of about 12 foreign countries recited the holy Quran.
The Qiraat-e-Quran was organised by Anjuman Zeenatul
Quran, Bhopal in which Qaris from various countries including
Egypt, Syria, Malaysia, Indonesia, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria,
Iraq and Bangladesh took part.
Large number of people including women who gathered
on the occasion chanted slogans like "Subhan Allah, Allahu
Akabar" almost on all the beautiful recital of Holy Quran till
late last night.
Qaris of Algeria, Egypt and Iraq were adjudged best
among others at the recital programme.
The main feature of the programme was that the Imam of
first Islamic Mosque, Masjid-e-Aqsa in Palestine, Ikrama
Sayeed Sabri was the chief guest and Peer Sayees Mian sahab
presided over the programme.
Earlier in the day thousands of Muslims of the city
thronged the Arif Nagar Masjid, founded by Syed Arif Aqueel,
the lone Muslim MLA in Madhya Pradesh assembly to offer Friday
prayers which were led by Masjid-e-Aqsa Imam, Ikrama Sayeed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt