Rahul to kick off MP campaign with `Satta Parivartan` rally
Indore: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to kickstart the party`s campaign for the upcoming Madhya Pradesh assembly polls in the Malwa Nimar area from October 24, by addressing a `Satta Parivartan` rally.
"The Congress Vice President will address the Satta Parivartan rally here at the Dusshera Maidan and appeal to voters to uproot BJP from power in Madhya Pradesh," Madhya Pradesh Congress Spokesman Narendra Saluja told PTI here today.
Saluja said that the Congress would gain a lot in the crucial Malwa-Nimar region after Rahul Gandhi`s rally and it plans to leave no stone unturned to make his rally a big success by mobilising party workers from 66 assembly seats in the region.
Presently, the BJP has its MLAs from the 65 per cent seats in the region after these from the Congress in 2008.
Poll pundits said that this time, the BJP`s condition in the area is not that strong and therefore the party plans to replace a number of its sitting MLAs in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United