Rahul to kick off MP campaign with `Satta Parivartan` rally
Indore: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to kickstart the party`s campaign for the upcoming Madhya Pradesh assembly polls in the Malwa Nimar area from October 24, by addressing a `Satta Parivartan` rally.
"The Congress Vice President will address the Satta Parivartan rally here at the Dusshera Maidan and appeal to voters to uproot BJP from power in Madhya Pradesh," Madhya Pradesh Congress Spokesman Narendra Saluja told PTI here today.
Saluja said that the Congress would gain a lot in the crucial Malwa-Nimar region after Rahul Gandhi`s rally and it plans to leave no stone unturned to make his rally a big success by mobilising party workers from 66 assembly seats in the region.
Presently, the BJP has its MLAs from the 65 per cent seats in the region after these from the Congress in 2008.
Poll pundits said that this time, the BJP`s condition in the area is not that strong and therefore the party plans to replace a number of its sitting MLAs in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read