Raid at excise official`s premises in MP; cash seized
Indore: The Lokayukta police on Tuesday conducted raids at some places in Indore and Sagar in connection with alleged disproportionate assets of an excise official.
Lokayukta police sources said information was gathered during raids about the mobile and immobile properties valued at Rs two crore of assistant excise commissioner Jagdish Rathi.
During the raid in Indore, Rs 14 lakh cash, gold jewellery worth Rs 20 lakh and silver jewellery worth Rs 12 lakh were recovered, they said.
Rathi had joined as the assistant excise commissioner in Sagar about three months back.
His house and office there have been sealed.
A case has been filed against Rathi under the Prevention of Corruption Act and a valuation of his property is going on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP