Raid at excise official`s premises in MP; cash seized
Indore: The Lokayukta police on Tuesday conducted raids at some places in Indore and Sagar in connection with alleged disproportionate assets of an excise official.
Lokayukta police sources said information was gathered during raids about the mobile and immobile properties valued at Rs two crore of assistant excise commissioner Jagdish Rathi.
During the raid in Indore, Rs 14 lakh cash, gold jewellery worth Rs 20 lakh and silver jewellery worth Rs 12 lakh were recovered, they said.
Rathi had joined as the assistant excise commissioner in Sagar about three months back.
His house and office there have been sealed.
A case has been filed against Rathi under the Prevention of Corruption Act and a valuation of his property is going on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof