Raid on govt official`s house yields Rs 3 crore assets in MP
Ujjain: Lokayukta Police on Thursday conducted a raid at the residence of a senior officer attached to a district Corporation, which provides financial assistance to backward class entrepreneurs, and recovered assets worth over Rs 2-3 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The raid began in the morning hours at the residence of the Anta Vyavsai Corporation`s Executive Officer Kanshiram Raikwar, situated in Mahakal Commercial Centre, and is still on, said Lokayukta Inspector Basant Shrivastava.
The sleuths have so far recovered 225 gms gold, 2 kg silver, documents pertaining to five plots in Ujjain, a plot in Dewas, eight-acre agricultural land- allegedly owned by the officer- and Rs 25,000 cash.
Shrivastava said documents related to 5-6 bank accounts and a locker were also seized from Raikwar`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das