Raid on govt official`s house yields Rs 3 crore assets in MP
Ujjain: Lokayukta Police on Thursday conducted a raid at the residence of a senior officer attached to a district Corporation, which provides financial assistance to backward class entrepreneurs, and recovered assets worth over Rs 2-3 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The raid began in the morning hours at the residence of the Anta Vyavsai Corporation`s Executive Officer Kanshiram Raikwar, situated in Mahakal Commercial Centre, and is still on, said Lokayukta Inspector Basant Shrivastava.
The sleuths have so far recovered 225 gms gold, 2 kg silver, documents pertaining to five plots in Ujjain, a plot in Dewas, eight-acre agricultural land- allegedly owned by the officer- and Rs 25,000 cash.
Shrivastava said documents related to 5-6 bank accounts and a locker were also seized from Raikwar`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh