Railway employee held for hatching conspiracy to kill wife
Betul (MP): A railway employee has been arrested for allegedly hiring two contract killers to get his wife murdered at a village here, police said on Tuesday.
Railway clerk Nitesh Amargade was arrested here yesterday after he allegedly got his wife Harshali murdered on Saturday night by two contract killers, whom he had promised Rs 5 lakh, at Somgarh village in Betul district.
The two killers - Shravan Yadav and Ajay Yadav - who shot dead Harshali were nabbed by police from Nagpur yesterday and based on their tip-off, Nitesh was arrested by the police.
Nitesh (27) and Harshali (25), both posted as clerks in railways at Nagpur, had met during training at Bhusawal before they got married two years back, police said.
The weapon used for killing the woman, over Rs 18 lakh cash and documents showing that Nitesh had allegedly taken money from some people after promising them jobs in the railways have also been recovered from the murder spot, police said.
Nitesh had insured his wife for Rs 25 lakh and following her death, he expected to get the insurance sum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'