Railway ticket checkers push passenger out of running train
Jabalpur: A sleeper class reserved coach passenger travelling on a general ticket in Varanasi-Rameshwaram Express train was allegedly thrown out of the train by ticket checkers near Katni railway station today, causing him grievous injuries.
The passenger identified as Kishore Sharma (38) was travelling from New Delhi to Jabalpur in a Sampark-Kranti train.
After reaching Katni, he changed the train in a hurry and got into Varanasi-Rameshwaram Express train`s sleeper class compartment for reaching Jabalpur, Government Railway Police (GRP) sources said.
When the ticket checking staff asked him about his reservation, he showed them his general class ticket, after which they demanded a fine of Rs 325 from him.
When Kishore took out his wallet to pay the fine, the staff had an altercation with him over some related issue, after which they allegedly snatched his purse and pushed him from the running train, which resulted in serious injuries to his head, hand and legs, sources said.
After the police were tipped-off about a man lying near the railway track, GRP personnel brought him to Jabalpur in another train and admitted him to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race