Railways announces compensation for train derailment victims
Bhopal: Railways has announced compensation
for the 44 victims of the Udyognagri Express that derailed
near Vidisha four days back.
While the 11 seriously injured passengers will get a
compensation of Rs one lakh each, those with minor injuries
will get Rs 25,000 each.
Bhopal Senior Railway Divisional Commercial Manager (DCM)
Mandip Singh Bhatia, talking to reporters said the
compensation will reach the victims by the end of this week.
"A day after the accident on May 9, we prepared cheques
for the victims. In fact, some of them have already been given
compensation. We have dispatched the cheques to the remaining
victims by post, which they will get over the next couple of
days," he added.
At least 44 passengers of Pratapgarh-bound 12173
Udyognagri Express were injured when five compartments of the
train jumped off the track between Sourai-Sumer stations in
Vidisha district of Bhopal division, West Central Railway
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof