Rainfall in Bhopal for June month breaks 74-year record
Bhopal: Rainfall in Bhopal during the month of June so far this season has surpassed the record of last 74 years.
According to weather officials, a total of 401 mm of rainfall was recorded in Bhopal till 8.30 PM last night. Prior to this, June received a rainfall high of 296 mm in the city during 2011.
As monsoon has just begun, it is possible that the total rainfall in this month may cross 500 mm, they said.
The capital city of Madhya Pradesh received the highest rainfall for the month of June (393 mm) in 1938.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price