Rajnath condoles deaths in Madhya Pradesh stampede
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Monday condoled the loss of lives in a stampede at a Madhya Pradesh temple.
"Deeply saddened to know about 10 pilgrims death in a stampede at a temple in Chitrakoot area of Madhya Pradesh," he said in a tweet.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved families and wish for speedy recovery of those, who got injured in the stampede," he added.
Ten pilgrims were killed and over 20 injured in a stampede at a temple in Satna district Monday. The stampede took place when the pilgrims were doing a `parikrama` (circumambulating) of a hill near the Kamta Nath temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users