Rajnath condoles deaths in Madhya Pradesh stampede
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Monday condoled the loss of lives in a stampede at a Madhya Pradesh temple.
"Deeply saddened to know about 10 pilgrims death in a stampede at a temple in Chitrakoot area of Madhya Pradesh," he said in a tweet.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved families and wish for speedy recovery of those, who got injured in the stampede," he added.
Ten pilgrims were killed and over 20 injured in a stampede at a temple in Satna district Monday. The stampede took place when the pilgrims were doing a `parikrama` (circumambulating) of a hill near the Kamta Nath temple.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India