Rajnath condoles deaths in Madhya Pradesh stampede
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Monday condoled the loss of lives in a stampede at a Madhya Pradesh temple.
"Deeply saddened to know about 10 pilgrims death in a stampede at a temple in Chitrakoot area of Madhya Pradesh," he said in a tweet.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved families and wish for speedy recovery of those, who got injured in the stampede," he added.
Ten pilgrims were killed and over 20 injured in a stampede at a temple in Satna district Monday. The stampede took place when the pilgrims were doing a `parikrama` (circumambulating) of a hill near the Kamta Nath temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015