Rajnath Singh meets Digvijay to condole his wife`s death
Raghogarh (MP): BJP President Rajnath Singh and a number of other political leaders on Tuesday called on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh here to pay their condolences on the passing away of his wife last week.
The BJP President came here in a special plane from New Delhi and flew to Guna in a helicopter, accompanied by Madhya Pradesh BJP unit President Narendra Singh Tomar and state Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur.
Apart from them, Union Minister Harish Rawat and state Congress unit president Kantilal Bhuria also called on Singh.
Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav and BJP leader and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh are expected here later this evening.
Raghogarh is an erstwhile princely state and was ruled by Singh`s family.
Digvijay Singh`s wife Asha Singh, 58, had passed away on February 27 at a hospital in New Delhi after battling cancer for several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption